Sunday, May 3, 2009

I am Second

check out Brian Welch on iamsecond.com.

I was watching the MAVS game today, which I don't do too often and took note that one of the players on the Colorado team looked absolutely ridiculous.  I texted one of my friends who I knew was watching the game, and commented on his appearance and thought...the NBA should really consider having some type of restrictions on the players about their appearance.  Apparently, I really was passionate about how he looked...this should concern me.  I talked to my friend later about it and he shared with me how this player had been on the radio a few days prior just telling his life story.  I asked to hear it.  As soon as he started telling me how he grew up, my heart began to break.  He had grown up in California and one day his father decided to move the family out to a barn in Texas.  His dad promised to build them a home there, but in turn, picked up and left him and his mother alone.  My friend commented on how this player had some issues with drugs in the past.  My only response was the thought that I had completely judged this guy and didn't have a clue about who he is.

Since this MAC thing is so new to me, and I can't seem to find any excuse better than to be on the computer for 13 hours of my day, I decided to check out iamsecond.com.  I had heard that Brain Welch from KORN had a pretty powerful testimony of how God had taken him out of drugs and given him fulfillment in Him alone.  Brian states that he remembers going home from church one night after hearing about Jesus, snorts a line, and asks God, "If you're real, then take these drugs away from me because you know I can't do it on my own.  You know I want to stop, but I can't do it by myself."  He said in that moment, God totally shed His love on him completely and the next day Brian surrendered it all to Him.  The drugs were gone.  I'm sure the player I judged today gets some of the same looks and judgments that Brian Welch gets on a daily basis because of their appearance.  My challenge to you is to look at the heart.  What caused them to be where they are now? And what is their need?  All it took was for Brian's real estate agent to quote one scripture from Matthew and invite him to church.  Although we may feel inadequate, God is all knowing and all powerful.  Completely able.  Ask God for forgiveness for who you have judged today, and for the grace to serve that same person tomorrow.  Words+Deeds

Be wholly His today. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment