Thursday, May 21, 2009

Word

I went to the gym Monday and lifted weights for a little bit before taking a long run.  I thought I stretched well enough before I started, that I didn't stretch any once I finished my run.  The next morning, I felt great! My body was energized and ready to go again.  Wednesday morning, I placed my foot down on the floor getting out of bed and nearly collapsed in pain. Because I hadn't stretched my calf muscles after the run, they cramped up.  I spent all day today and yesterday walking around on my tippy-toes because it hurt too bad to walk.  In the mornings and in the evenings, I'd take time sitting down and really stretching the muscles out.  Eventually, the muscles became more loose and I could walk some, but any time I sat down again, they'd cramp right back up.

I paint this picture because I realized today it's a lot like how I spend my time with God.  I forget to stretch before the run.  We must be filled with God's Word in order to pour out.   The purpose of God's Word is that we're in it, we're reading it, we're learning it and living it so that we know God.  It's our food.  As an infant can't survive without the mother's milk, neither can a Christian survive without the Word.  We'd dry up.  

Take the time to sit down with the Father today.  Put on some worship and dig in.  And take some time to practice just being still with the Lord.  

Just stop and listen to His voice.  He loves you....Oh, how He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment