Thursday, July 16, 2009

Simple Love

I love how the Lord shows us so much of His character just in the simple things...


I was meeting with Him in my closet, and Ridglea (my dog) wanted to come in too. She tried taking her toys in, but I didn’t want them to be a distraction, so I took her toy and placed it outside the closet. She hesitated, but followed me in. As we sat there with the Lord, she heard something that caught her attention and she wanted out. I let her go, and when she came back to the door, I could hear her waiting at the door crying to come in. I also knew that she had brought her toy with her. Because I wanted her to be near me, I let her back in hoping that once she came in she would eventually lose interest in what once was a distraction and just be still.


The Lord revealed to me how He views spending time with us. He desires to be near to us. He sees the desires of our hearts and how they are a distraction to us. He’s a gentlemen in removing those desires because He longs for you to just be with Him. In our hesitation, we move slowly into His presence. Once we’ve entered into His presence, we often allow the things of this world to take our focus off of Him. We go after other things, and once we’ve chased that desire for a while, we eventually come back to the door and wait for Him to let us back in. He sees that you still have the same desires in your heart, but because His desire is ultimately to spend time with you even if you have chosen to hold on to the things He’s asked you to surrender to Him. He knows that what He has for you is far greater than the simple pleasures we hold in our hearts. He is patient because He is God and because He knows that eventually you will grasp His love for you, and you’ll realize that what once seemed to fill you does not compare to what He has for you.


"ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."-Matthew 7:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment